Saturday, June 27, 2009

27 June 2009 - It's always darkest before the dawn.

Dear Papillons,

Although we didn't make the cut to the finals, I think today was still a meaningful outing. It's the first ever Inter-Corporate Mixed event for SDBF 800m, and held for the first time at the Marina Barrage too. Weather was good, kites were flying high, race starter was corny - we really can't ask for more. (OK, maybe we'll ask for Ramlee burger the next time.)

Anyway! On a more sensible note...
If you ask me - honestly, I can't think of any reason why we should have won today; but I can think of a number of reasons why we did not win.
Strangely, this gives me hope -
Because we now know where we have to buck up, because competition won't wait for you - they only get stronger.
It also makes me excited -
Because I imagine what we can be, if we train hard, together.


And that's why I'm not dismayed by today's race - because we are now aware that we still have some way to go, and we know exactly how to get there. (Just as well that it hit us now - better now, than at J.I. race! 15 August...)

So... let us get goin, shall we? :)

= Chief Editor D.L. signing off =


No comments: